I watch hummingbirds at feeders I've set up and I sometimes wonder if any get to eat anything... because they chase each other away... only one feeds at a time (I have seen two once feed together - but that is rare). I'm told they are TERRITORIAL... but is that necessary, best, good?? If they didn't compete as they seem to do.. they all could eat . something. BUT - really - I sometimes wonder if any get to settle in and have a decent meal.
Do we humans ever behave like that? What is a Zero Sum Game? And when humans compete and contend... there is a hierarchy as to who gets what .... Fewer and fewer people at the TOP get this, that, the best... and then it goes down after that til... Some Get NONE... Is that necessary?
===============================
So ... Torah says -- don't boil a kid in its mother's milk... Talmud extends that and we are not to have cheese burgers... AND we are not to try to fully understand that and/or other laws/commandments. SO - taking things literally and clearly is not enough... we are to also put the fence around the Torah so as to not disobey ... but this is like having it both/all ways. Are we not adding to the words of Torah?
On another hand -- if we were to explain or at least be PRECISE wouldn't that be wonderful? It would be following the law and simply, really knowing the law... Seems like a good idea to me?!
No comments:
Post a Comment